Answered By: Archives & Library Staff @The Henry Ford Last Updated: Feb 07, 2017 Views: 2761
The Henry Ford does not have Ford Motor Company (FMC) personnel or employee records. FMC retains these records. If you are related to a former FMC employee, you may request this information directly from the company. They ask that you please read the following instructions carefully.
How to request this information:
Send a signed letter stating:
· The request for information is for genealogical purposes
· The relationship of the person requesting the information to the former employee
· A copy of the former employee's death certificate or an obituary
Send this information to:
Ford Motor Company Archives
FEL Building, Mail Drop 400
21500 Oakwood Boulevard
Dearborn, MI 48121
Please note that the following personnel records are the only existing records in the FMC corporate archives system.
1. Rouge hourly employees – approximately 1918-1947
Includes some early Highland Park, Iron Mountain, Willow Run and various Village Industry employees, if they transferred to the Rouge
2. Highland Park and Rouge salaried employees – approximately 1907-1947
3. Highland Park hourly employees – approximately 1911-1919
Types of information FMC can release, if available
· Date of birth
· Previous employer
· Original date of hire at Ford Motor Company
· Place of employment
· Hourly wage
· Date(s) laid off
· Date(s) Rehired
· Date of termination of employment (but not reason)
Types of information FMC cannot release (if available)
· Information on family members
· Health information
· Disciplinary comments
· Absenteeism problems
· Social Security numbers
Thank you again for your inquiry, and please let us know if you have further questions.
To set up an appointment to visit the research center call (313) 982-6020 or write to us at email@example.com.
If you wish to do research from offsite, please contact us in writing. Fees apply to many research requests, and we will clarify this when we receive your request. For more information on cost please see our research services. Requests for information can be emailed, faxed or mailed:
Benson Ford Research Center
The Henry Ford
20900 Oakwood Blvd.
fax: (313) 982-6244